Film Review: 'PRIDE'

/
2 Comments
Hey peeps, you alright? The other week I went to see PRIDE. I really wanted to see it before it left cinemas and it most definitely exceeded my expectations! Isn't that a good feeling?!


Starring a whole range of people, from legends; Bill Nighy (my fav) and Imelda Staunton to upcoming actors George MacKay and Ben Schnetzer. Joseph Gilgun from This Is England and Paddy Considine from Submarine also feature. The casting was spot on - British best.

Set in 1984's Thatcher years, a group of gays and lesbians in London decide to start fundraising for the miners. They start the group Gays and Lesbians Support the Miners (GLSM) and eventually find a mining community that will accept their donations, in the Welsh valleys.

A heart-warming comedy-drama with a fab soundtrack! I must admit because of the time frame (I wasn't around in the 80s) a couple of the references did go over my head, but I still loved it. I laughed, I cried - its honestly one of the best films I've seen all year.

P.S. It should totally be adapted to the stage, if this does happen I'd be interested :) - 'God I miss disco!'
4.5/5 stars
Millie

2 comments:

  1. Your review really makes me want to see this! Great!

    louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! You should give it a watch for sure :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.