Film Review: 'Love, Rosie'

/
0 Comments

Its been a long, long time since my last film review and have decided I should do more of them. I watch so many films! So here we go.

Love, Rosie is a film that I wanted to catch in the cinema but missed. I finally watched it last weekend and loved it. With Lily Collins and Sam Claflin playing best friends Alex and Rosie, comes a romantic comedy that I've been waiting for. Lily Collins, albeit half English, manages a real good English accent throughout the film. Supporting cast include; Tasmin Egerton, Christian Cooke and Suki Waterhouse. Its one of those films where you know whats going to happen (its a rom-com, like c'mon). The two leads have great on-screen chemistry and since seeing the film I went on a spree of watching promotional interviews on YouTube, they do genuinely seem to get on really well.

About Time was the last rom-com I fell in love with. But Love, Rosie is up there, I will definitely bother watch again. Starting at the beginning of Alex and Rosie's story, with a throwback to the early 00's. Its a bit like One Day in the aspect of following the friendship from the beginning. Using MSN and making bad clothing choices, memories will flood back. Even the song choices, Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall, cracking song! Based on the book from Cecelia Ahern Where Rainbows End, which I haven't read though. Its a super cute film with a feel-good factor which everyone needs from time to time, even if the ending was predictable. Out on DVD now if it sounds like your cup of tea :)


Rating: 4/5 stars

Millie

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.